Thanks for your interest in working with us!
WordPress and Creative Content Manager
Indigenous Arts Collective is an Indigenous women led, volunteer board of directors. We are a registered charity and carry Heritage Canada designation as a National Arts Service Organization. We were founded in 2012 and serve to empower and uplift Indigenous women in the arts. We have a membership of over 400 Indigenous artists and run programming that meaningfully improves financial, mental, emotional and spiritual health leaving many women with more resources so they can better focus on family and personal and professional gain.
Who should apply?
- Candidates must be living within the colonial ‘Canadian’ border as required by funding agreements that are in place,
- On reserve Indigenous applicants are really encouraged and lived experience is valued,
- Students should apply and we will carefully work around your schedule in a way that promotes your professional goals.
- This is a full-time remote role (with preference given to Indigenous applicants),
- The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and updating websites for the Indigenous Arts Collective of Canada. The candidate will also make simple websites for membership artists,
- The candidate may also be required to post membership opportunities via MailChimp and social media paths.
- Lived experience always valued and formal education is not required because we understand that one does not need structured systems to excel, we are naturally brilliant and creative!
- Proven experience as a WordPress Developer, preferably with experience in the development of e-commerce websites,
- Deep understanding of WordPress content management system, including custom theme development, plugin development, and customization,
- Experience with PHP, HTML, CSS,
- Knowledge of GoDaddy and Mailchimp account platforms a plus,
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design, SEO optimization, and website speed optimization,
- Some knowledge of website security best practices,
- Effective written and verbal communication skills mandatory, prompt email replys to managment imperative,
- Willingness to keep a professional daily diary that will be submitted to management bi-weekly for review,
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, is a big plus!
Wage - When involved in reciprocal and honest relationships with those who share our vision of empowering Indigenous peoples, we show gratitude and reward employees generously. Starting wage $24 with increase after probationary period of 3 months. Significant incremental raises can be expected based on job performance and great communication skills.
Résumés, examples of your work and cover letters can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline December 15, 2023
Welcome to new ways of caring, empowering and embracing the brilliance and resilience of Indigenous women.